अधि विकिपीडिया, एकः स्वतन्त्रविश्वविज्ञानकोश
Sub-fields of materials science[सम्पादयतु]
- Nanotechnology --- the creation and study of molecularly engineered materials (nanomaterials) with structures on the length scale of nanometers.
- Crystallography --- the study of the physics of crystals, including
- Metallurgy --- the study of metals
- Solid-state chemistry --- the study of chemistry taking place within solids
- Solid-state physics --- usually considered the study of quantum effects in solid material, such as semiconduction or superconduction.
- Continuum mechanics --- the study of solids and fluids, assuming that they are continuous materials (rather than made of atoms).